1. Animals. Week day animal feeding with Shirley & Steve, children and parents alike happily follow each other to give the donkeys, Highland cows, Sheep, Kune Kune pigs, Pigmy goats & chickens their daily feed with the last job being the children’s favourite, collecting the freshly laid eggs from the coops.
2. Under 5’s. Some areas are specifically designed for the little people. This will help them gain confidence in all that they do but just because you are 5 does not mean that you cannot try your hand at the bigger play areas. Everyone is different and some are more brave than others.
3. Over 5’s. As you are beginning to venture out without mummy and daddy in toe Glynn Barton is a safe haven for you to explore. We are 2/3rds of a mile down our own country lane so no through traffic. Fenced off gardens allow parents to relax.
4. Family Time. With all the best intentions in the world we would like to be able to turn back the clock and spend quality time with our families, all too soon they grow up. There are lots of old fashion board games to play with in the indoor play room as well as a great number of books and other toys perfect for everyone. If something outside is more what you are looking for why not go for a walk in the woods or perhaps have a go completing our nature quest looking for signs with animal pictures on all around the site.
5. Dry Days. Plenty to do outside, toddler ride on toys, a maze, swings slides, trampoline, table tennis, a full-size tennis court with bats and balls just outside the door and to top it all off we have Camelot, a huge wooden fort constructed by a local firm for the children and adults to have hours of fun.
6. Wet Days. With the swimming pool close at hand, kept to a toasty 31 degrees an ideal way to while away the hours. If swimming is not for you then how about indoor play, a games room bursting at the seems with as many toys and games as you could wish for, don’t forget the soft play area designed so children can exhaust themselves running around while mum and dad enjoy a magazine in the comfort of the sofas.
7.Oscar. Always a favourite with both new & returning guests. Most ask after him as soon as they arrive. Our big furry lovable cat is sure to find a nice comfy sofa to curl up on and doesn’t always wait for an invitation.
8.Steve & Shirley, Technical support, housekeeping, farmers, gardeners, friends and so much more. Nothing is too much trouble with a friendly smile and the odd bad joke too.
9.Seasonal Specials. Easter of course we must have an Easter egg hunt. Summer, nature work shop from den building, bug hunting to cooking popcorn on the open fire plus so much more. Halloween, this provides us with the opportunity to dress up, carve pumpkins, go Trick or Treating and enjoy the tea party with everyone welcome to add their own delicious homemade goodies to eat. Christmas. Full of festive fun Glynn Barton is transformed into a magical wonderland with festive lights and decorations and Christmas trees in every cottage.
10.Relax. Why go out when all you need for a fun filled day is already here on site , from all the activities to the vast range of frozen ready meals by Cooks with ice cream to follow, all this is topped off with a good night sleep.